We have had a lot of them and have many more to come these next few months. Sure it’s not the same when dad is gone and we would give anything to have family weekends but I’m realizing the joy of a girls only weekend. These past two weekends the girls and I have had such fun together. Things that if dad were here… well he may not let us have gone on long with any of our plans…..
- Driving in the car with the windows down screaming and singing along to the HS Musical latest soundtrack.
- Shopping with fluffy and bunny in tote
- Free dinner walking around Costco
- Girl Movie Nights… For Izzie, she picks Barnie or Strawberry Shortcake. Emma, she picks the latest American Girl Movie, and mom get’s in her chick flick viewing for the weekend.
- Trips to the park
- Waking up in the morning with our crazy hair.
We do miss you daddy. Can’t wait to see you tonight!
And yes to remain true to my girls weekend, here is a picture of me as well. I never said it was not rough on the single mom! I look like this most weekends Dave is gone! No comments please.
girl i understand this all too much!!!
costco dinners are my favorite!!! How many times is too many times to go past the same lady handing out the same juice to try???
I don’t even fix my hair or put make up on most times when Aaron’s out of town!! i love it!
how did you like the movies?
I love hats for that very reason. When my husband is away my hat is my friend 😉 Glad you had fun. It is great to enjoy the little things in life.