The girls and I left this past Friday to head to Talledega, AL to spend a few days at camp with dad. We just got back today. Here are the bullets.
- This mom does not like going to camp! Maybe in a few years when Izzie is older but we just don’t do well on the road.
- Emma absolutely loves camp. I don’t think I’ve EVER seen her enjoy herself more than the past few days. I just loved sitting back and watching her worship and be so involved in every aspect of camp.
- Hats off to my dear hubby. I have no clue how he does what he does. For the past 14 summers he has been doing camp on the road. WOW. That is a long time. We’ve never had a summer since we met 12 years ago that did not include one of us doing camp.
- Izzie and I were attached at the hip for a good 24 hrs. She sure is a mamma’s girl right now. We even shared the biggest bag of sweedish red jellyfish together. It’s now gone and we are both a litte bit on a sugar high.
- We were able to see our dear friends Roger and Becca and their kids this past Saturday. It’s always fun catching up and getting our families together.
- I’m glad we made the trip this weekend. Dave heads from Talledega tomorrow to his last camp of the summer in Chattanooga TN. Then Summer Camp is over at this house! And that is a good thing because this mom is tired of having her husband gone!
- Here are some pics from the weekend. Notice there are no pictures of mom or Izzie. Hmmm. Wonder what happened to those two happy campers! Not!
Emma just fits right in…maybe she will follow in her daddy’s footsteps. Love the Pics…she is growing up so fast.