Emma has a friend over today for a play date. They are having so much fun. Outside riding john deers and playing in the water. Izzie just got up from her nap and we are sitting downstairs snuggling on the couch watching Max and Ruby when in walks Emma and her friend with our summer fish net that we use at the beach. It took me a minute to register what was going on. “look what we found” they said…. Inside a dead squirrel that we saw this morning outside on the side of the road in front of our house. Dave was to move it but had not got to it yet. So sitting in my house on my couch I realize the girls have this huge dead squirrel in my house in a fish net. I wanted to laugh… wanted to go hide (I hate dead animals).. I immediately took the net and ran for the front door but feeling of the weight of it made me start to gag…..
- you did not touch it did you? (no)
- what were you thinking? (we wanted to save God’s creation)
- you are sure you did not touch it? (yes)
- Mom, are we in trouble? (no)
- Mom, why are you laughing (um, just the funniest thing I’ve had happen to me in a while)
- Girls… hold on a minute…let me get my camera….
I thought these things only happened when you have boys????
So there you go.