We got home on Friday and just crashed. Dave is heading back out again tomorrow for another week of camp this time it’s somewhere in the Nashville, TN area. I know he enjoyed having a few nights in his own bed.
Just been thinking today about Haiti. It’s never far from my mind and I never get through a day without thinking about it. I’m thankful for that. My life here is so different from the lives of the people in Haiti. I only hope I’m living… really living in all the blessings that I have. I try but I always wonder. Here is when my mind will randomly wander off during the day and I start thinking about Haiti.
- When I am making a meal
- When I throw away leftover food
- When my kids run and play in our yard
- when I clean my hardwood floors with cleaner
- when I vacuum my carpet
- when I look at all the stuff in our house
- when I give the girls a hot bath every night
- when i get in my air conditioned leather seated van
- when I drive on the interstate
- when I see a child of darker colored skin
- when I fold my wash and see my blue Haiti shirt
- when I see one ant in my house and realize I don’t care to go and kill it
- When I think about having another child
- When I look at our closet full of shoes
- When I fluff the pillows on our couch
- When I get a letter in the mail from Angela
- When I sit in church
- When I get on the Internet
- When I read peoples blogs
- When I get up in the middle of the night and turn the air down because I’m hot
Once again, Haiti, never far from my mind and I’m thankful for that.